HARTMAN CENTER is the Outdoor Ministries facility owned and operated by Penn Central Conference of the United Church of Christ since 1964. Programming includes retreats, conferences, workshops, dinner meetings, summer camps, and other events which, while designed for particular age levels and interests, are open to all persons without regard to race, creed, or ethnic origin, and who accept the guidelines and philosophy of the Center...
Affirming the Lordship of Christ...to provide opportunities for persons of all ages to:
- Grow in relationship to God
- Become a whole person by showing awareness of uniqueness and special gifts
- Develop trustful and responsible relationships with others
- Experience the joys of outdoor living
- Learn to manage the environment as faithful stewards of God’s creation
Located in the “Seven Mountains” area of central Pennsylvania, Hartman Center is comprised of 192 acres of open and wooded areas, with easy access to nearby streams, hiking trails, and state parks. It is located on Old US Highway 322, 10 miles north of Lewistown (70 miles from the Conference Center in Harrisburg) and about 20 miles southeast of State College.